Imagine my surprise, since I’m new to the blogging community, when a blogger that I thoroughly enjoying reading, Lavender and Levity, elected my blog for the Real Neat Blog Award! Thank you Lavender and Levity!!
The ‘rules’ of the Real Neat Blog Award are: (feel free not to act upon them if you don’t have time; or don’t accept awards; etc.):
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Thank the people who nominated you, linking to their blogs.
- Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking to their blogs.
- Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog etc.)
My seven questions were the following:
- What natural disaster best represents you?
- This one took a little soul searching. I’ve decided on blizzard. I think I chose this one because if you are well informed you can stay home, you can stay out of its path, it’s only those who want to brave the storm that feel the full intensity of its wrath. And blizzards pass, and snow melts, and life returns to normal. People forget it ever came through if it didn’t affect them negatively. Although, aside from a few breakups, I’m pretty certain nobody has ever used the word wrath in describing their interactions me, hopefully. I’m incredibly clumsy, but I couldn’t really match up a natural disaster to that one, kind of an earthquake, maybe?
- If you had to pick one of the two, would you rather be too hot or too cold?
- It used to be that I’d rather be hot than cold, but after becoming ill, it’s definitely flipped. The heat now causes my blood pressure to spike and my fatigue to wrestle me to the ground. Luckily it’s about 75 degrees every day in my little corner of the world.
- If you won a trip anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- Before the illness I would have said Italy, specifically the Cinque Terre, but now I have altitude sickness that doesn’t allow me over 4,000 feet (airplanes are pressurized at about 8,000 feet so no flying for me). So if I won a trip I would probably head up the West coast via RV, stopping in Northern CA, Oregon, WA, and then up through Canada. Just the thought makes me smile. I love the forest.
- If you could only have one of the following in your dream home, which would you choose: a housekeeper, a personal chef, a personal assistant or a landscaper/gardener?
- Oh definitely a personal chef. I’m not a foodie and have actually always wished you could just take a nutrient pill instead of having to have a whole meal. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE sweets, passionately, but that’s where it ends. A personal chef would make sure I was eating a balanced, nutritionally-appropriate meal regularly.
- What’s your favorite drink?
- Currently, it’s tea. I love tea, iced or heated. I enjoy chamomile and all sorts of herbal teas. I don’t actually drink anything but copious amounts of water and tea and haven’t for about five years.
- You should have been in bed an hour ago, but you are still on the Internet. What non-blog webpage is open on your browser?
- I’m playing games on my phone or scanning Instagram trying to make myself sleepy. I have something called painsomnia, pain induced insomnia, so distracting myself with games sometimes takes my mind off of it and tires my eyes. I spend very little time on my laptop, most internet interaction is done on my phone.
- Why do you think you were nominated? (Hint: it was because I felt there were good things about your blog, so positive answers only! I want you to humble brag!)
- I honestly don’t know. I was tickled though. I love writing but I have a tendency to go too deep so I consciously hold back. Maybe it was simply because I had said something that resonated or was funny and you were wondering if that would happen again. Regardless, thank you!
My nominees are (again, feel free not to act upon the questions if you don’t have time; just aren’t up for it, or don’t accept awards; etc.):
- Chronically Siobhan
- Her Unusual Journey
- Don’t Make It Weird
- Carol’s Creative Papers
- Good and Goodbye
My seven questions for you are:
- What was the best thing that has happened to you lately?
- If you could get the truth to one question, what would it be?
- What is the secret to a happy relationship ( ANY type or relationship)?
- Is there anything you regret because you didn’t do it?
- What is your favorite food, drink or dessert?
- If you could spend an afternoon with anyone living or dead, who would it be?
- When is the last time you laughed so hard your stomach hurt?