Well, as you may have guessed, it’s my birthday! Birthdays with a chronic illness, depending on your support network and your abilities, can really become a shell of what they once were. So this year I unilaterally decided that I would grab the bull by the horns and celebrate me (such a Leo ;)) from my bedroom. Part of my celebration is making a list of a few of my favorite things. Of course my actual favorites are countless, but these are the first 10 that come to mind:
1. Beach – I love the beach everyday, not just sunny days. I love the sand, the wind, the crashing of the waves, all of it, I love all of it.
2. Redwood Forest – Not to go all deep on you but there is something so beautiful and serene about spending time in the redwood forest. There’s an energy there that you don’t find elsewhere. Being in their presence is humbling, calming and peaceful. Having had them as my neighbors until I was 14 feels like a blessing and I miss them deeply.
3. Sunsets – I once read that humans are attracted to sunsets because the color mimics fire, like around a campfire, and as humans we needed that to survive at some point. I don’t know if that’s true, but there is something so lovely and peaceful about watching the sunset.
4. Botanical Flower Gardens – My mother loved flowers and grew amazing gardens so I suppose this love stems from my missing her and feeling her near when surrounded by flowers, but gosh they are gorgeous.
5. Laughing – I mean…who doesn’t love to laugh!?
6. Candy – Folks, my love for candy is so bad that I cannot have it! Because I can’t stop thinking about it if I do…think addiction. EEks. And although most candy holds a special place in my heart, chocolate covered honeycomb is at the top of my list.
7. Humanitarians – I love good people, doing good. Plain and simple. We need much, much more of this in the world.
8. Happily-Ever-After pet adoption stories – This just bring tears to my eyes every time and I love them and I want more and more and more until all pets are treated fairly and ethically. Maybe that’ll be my birthday wish. 🙂
9. Romantic comedy books and movies – I love sappy romances and someday I hope to write one. I’m kind of stuck in how to start it…silly huh? I have a few other books I’d like to write as well, a couple are limping along, desperately seeking more of my attention. 😉
10. Massages – So to be honest, at first I was a little skeptical of having some random person come this close to me, but that quickly passed! I still don’t actually love that part, but what I do love is how afterword you feel like you are floating on air. The best!
So that’s it folks, those are some of my favorites in no particular order. Also, if that wasn’t enough tooting of my own horn 🙂 the little pink cupcake I chose as the featured image is one my favorite watercolors that I’ve done. Okay, that’s enough.
Coincidently, the theme of the daily watercolor challenge I participate in is ‘Favorites’ this month and it’s been rather fun! I mean who doesn’t like to sit around and day dream about ones favorite things?! Here are a few my ‘favorite’ drawings so far (I think you can click on them for the title…the brown one is Mickey Mouse pancakes. If you are on your phone swipe left for more photos). 🙂
Thank you for reading along and please feel free to share some of your favorites in the comments. It’s kinda good for the soul to daydream a little so even if you don’t share, take a moment, think about your favorites…I dare you not to smile. 🙂