I normally blog on Tuesdays but honestly I cannot imagine anything I could say about anything that would be more important or worthy than the safety of the humans and animals currently experiencing horrific tragedy in Houston, TX. The videos, the news stories, and this damn feeling of helplessness are overwhelming. I wish there was something I could do to help. The only thing I can think of is to compile this list for anyone looking for help or ways to help:
- List from Washington Post
- General list to help victims
- NPR list:
- Helping Victims – General relief, give blood, shelter, food, people with disabilities, kids, animals
- Texas Tribune List:
- Victims – Rescue and evacuation, shelter and relief, and disaster recovery
- Helping Victim’s – Help with rescue, provide shelter and supplies, make a donation, give blood, volunteer time
- ABC News has posted the following information for victims and further information can be located by clicking this ABC News link, including evacuation orders:
- PHONE NUMBERS:
For a medical/functional emergency call 211.
For a life-threatening emergency call 911.
If you need to be rescued call 281-238-3430
If you need info about shelters or help, inside Houston, dial 311. Outside Houston, dial 211
- People in distress can call the following US Coast Guard numbers:
- You can also call the new Coast Guard Harvey emergency response line at 202-372-2100. Please call and provide your name, number of people trapped, number of pets, address and telephone number.
- PHONE NUMBERS:
(Photo was grabbed from Google Images)
Hoping everyone is staying as safe as can be out there. Water moves incredibly fast. My prayers are with you Houston and everyone involved or touched by this disaster.