I was tagged by the lovely and talented Char at chronicallyhopeful.com to participate in the 2017 Blogmas event of Christmas tag! It was fascinating to read about her traditions and holiday experiences around the globe. Check out her blog to learn more!
As Char explains it:
It’s kind of like the game of “Tag! You’re it!”. You complete the questions and tag some other bloggers to take part next, then they do the same. If we all use the same hashtag on social media (#ChristmasCheer) then we will be able to find each other!
Please don’t feel obligated to take part, this is just for some festive fun; I know that many of you are struggling with your health, so absolutely understandable if you don’t take part.
This game of Christmas Tag was found over at Life With Fernie. Click here for her Christmas Tag post to see her answers and who she’s tagged! Remember to spread the love this holiday season by following or commenting on each others posts. Happy holidays!
There’s an easy-to-copy template of the rules and questions at the end of this post if you would like to take part or if you have been tagged. Just scroll down to the bottom section, then copy and paste it into your blog!
Enough with the formalities, let’s get to the Q&A!
- What is your favorite Christmas movie? Just one? Gosh it’s a toss up between Elf, which I really love, and A Christmas Story; probably Elf would win by a gumdrop.
- Do you like to stay in Pajamas or Dress up for Christmas day? I’ve always enjoyed wearing a Christmas sweater on Christmas day but these days staying cozy in PJs sounds like a delightful way to spend the day…well actually from my personal experience it IS a delightful way to spend the day. 🙂
- If you could only buy one person a present this year who would it be and why? Definitely my son. Our roles reversed over the past few years and while he’s grown now and caring for me more than me him, he’ll always be my little boy.
- Do you open your present Christmas Eve or Christmas Morning? We open gifts on Christmas day but I usually allowed my son to open just one gift on Christmas Eve when he was younger.
- Have you ever built a ginger bread house? Oddly no, but I’ve always wanted to! Maybe I’ll have to tackle that this year. 🙂
- What are you most looking forward to this Christmas season? Most of the things I used to do I don’t really have the opportunity to do anymore (this would have been a long list pre-illness) so I guess going to see the holiday lights in certain neighborhoods from the car has always been something I’ve enjoyed and continue to.
- Any Christmas wishes? Something we all wish for, good health, and peace on Earth.
- Favorite Christmas smell? I love the smell of Christmas trees!!
- Favorite Christmas meal or treat? My grandmother used to make fresh pastry Christmas morning, coffee cake or cinnamon rolls…I can’t clearly remember. In later years I would make cinnamon rolls for my son, but haven’t the past few years.
- How do you traditionally spend your Christmas day? Well, it’s just the three of us so sometimes we go to lunch or dinner. It’s pretty uneventful honestly.
- Do you open stockings first or presents? Stockings first! I crocheted stockings for us a couple years ago…even the dog. 🙂
- When do you put up your tree? We haven’t had a tree since I got sick but before that a few weeks before Christmas.
- Least favorite part of Christmas? Missing my family. When I was younger we would all gather at my grandmother’s to celebrate. The family I was closest to has passed away so the holiday’s are bittersweet.
- Any unusual traditions during your Christmas? I used to buy my son a piece of bedding every year. It was kind of a joke. I’d get him pillowcases or a pillow or bedding, always something fun. He loved it…I think, maybe he was humoring me. 🙂
- Favorite childhood Christmas memory? One year my mother got me a piano keyboard and I was in love! It came with a little music book and I remember promptly teaching myself each and every song.
- Hannah from baldblogging.wordpress.com
- Mackenzie from lifewithanillness.com
Well, if you’ve made it this far…thank you for reading along! Below are a few of my little watercolors from the group I follow on Instagram, World Watercolor Group. The daily prompts this month have
obviously been all about the holidays. 🙂 Hoping your holidays find you as well as can be and for those of you just waiting for them to be over…we’re almost there, just hold on tight. You’ve got this!
CHRISTMAS TAG INSTRUCTIONS – copy to your blog
- Answer the 15 questions below
- Tag 3-5 bloggers to take part, remember to link their blogs!
- Leave the link to the post of the person who tagged you
- Share on twitter when you have completed it using #ChristmasCheer in your tweet, so we can easily find everyone’s posts!
- What is your favourite Christmas movie?
- Do you like to stay in Pyjamas or Dress up for Christmas day?
- If you could only buy one person a present this year who would it be and why?
- Do you open your present Christmas Eve or Christmas Morning?
- Have you ever built a ginger bread house?
- What are you most looking forward to this Christmas season?
- Any Christmas wishes?
- Favourite Christmas smell?
- Favourite Christmas meal or treat?
- How do you traditionally spend your Christmas day?
- Do you open stockings first or presents?
- When do you put up your tree?
- Least favorite part of Christmas?
- Any unusual traditions during your Christmas?
- Favourite childhood Christmas memory?
- blog link
- blog link
- blog link
- blog link
- blog link