I want to start by extending a big thank you 🌼 to Emma, who writes the exceptional blog, NotJustTired.Com, for tagging me in #behindtheillness. What a great idea to share fun facts about yourself, that are non-illness related. It was rather enjoyable to ponder the answers below and had Emma not tagged me I wouldn’t have done that, so Thank You!
Four places I’ve lived:
1. Some of the most beautiful places in California, including the Redwood forest, San Francisco and San Diego. I’ve left bits of my heart all over California, but my true love is amongst these trees below, followed closely by the seaside.
4. South Carolina
Four places I’ve worked:
1. When I was younger I worked Front Desk at several upscale hotels and believe it or not this was my all time favorite job. People were so happy to be in San Diego on vacation and it was exciting to share the local spots with them to ensure they had a great time.
2. Several Financial companies in the legal compliance department
3. Intellectual Property Law firm
4. In South Carolina I was homeschooling my son so I worked temporarily as a door-to-door US census taker.😳 I ended staying until the end which meant I was assigned houses where the other census takers couldn’t get anyone to come to the door, in other words the bottom of the barrel. My son and I will forever remember some bizarre and scary experiences from that little adventure. Something he would have never learned in a classroom, that’s for certain.
Four favorite hobbies:
1. Drawing and watercolor in bed, who knew that could be done?!
4. Playing games on my phone…yes I realize I’m WAY too old for this, but the past few years it’s become something that centers/grounds me
Four things I like to watch:
1. Romantic comedies
4. Adventure but it has to be realistic, I don’t like watching things that couldn’t really happen like SciFi. And if you are wondering, which you probably aren’t 😁 this includes Star Wars. I did love Yoda but I’m just not that big of a fan, in fact I once fell fast asleep at the theater and slept through the entire movie!😳 I’m sorry if we can no longer be friends. I know this is a make it or break it for a lot of people. 😉
Four things I like to read:
2. Self Help
4. I do not like to read anything where people die. I get very involved in books and I find it very sad. Yes, I’m a big softy.
Four places I have been:
1. All throughout the US, in fact I’ve been to every state, with the exception of the Dakota’s and 7 of the upper Northeastern states.
3. I’ve taken the ferry to Canada on the Western and Eastern sides
4. Baja California
Four things I love to eat:
1. Popcorn (I may or may not have my own popcorn pot.😁)
4. Dark chocolate
Four favorite things to drink:
1. Chamomile tea
2. Herbal tea
4. Root beer but I think I’ve had it twice in the past three years
Four places I want to visit:
1. Cinque Terra
2. Paris on Valentines Day
3. The UK – I just received my results from Ancestry.Com and apparently a very large percentage (most) of my ancestors came from this area. So it’d be neat to track back a little and see exactly where and then visit.
4. Australia – My late grandfather lived in Brisbane and the pictures looked beautiful!
Four bloggers I’d like to tag:
1. Siobhan from https://chronicallysiobhan.com
2. “Grace” from https://msgracefulnot.com
3. Runa from https://fibronacci.com
4. Sharon from https://sharonindie.wordpress.com
There are so many more bloggers I would love to tag (and others that have already been tagged!), but I’m sticking with the “4” theme. If you’ve already been tagged or aren’t wanting to join along please disregard! It’s just for fun…if you don’t think it’ll be fun, don’t do it. 😁 If you’d like to join in though, I’d love to hear your answers!
Thank you again, Emma, for tagging me and also reminding me of some great memories!
Below are a few more of my watercolors from following along with the daily prompt on Instagram from World Watercolor Group. Thank you for following along! Hoping today is a good one for you!