Well folks, there’s another Winter in the books. Spring has finally arrived, and I can see the flowers blooming and hear the birds chirping from here (not really but you know what I’m saying). It’s easy to get caught up in the day-to-day routines of life, but Spring certainly deserves a little recognition, don’t you think? While all the seasons bring their own unique joys, Spring certainly comes with a lovely abundance. To help you ‘stop and smell the roses’ here are just a few:
- Longer Days – First order of business…roll call of who here thinks daylight savings should be abolished? Seriously can we just not with that anymore, but you have to admit once the adjustment has been made, those lovely longer days more than make up for it.
- More Sunlight – Speaking of longer days, with more daylight hours, there’s also more sunlight, which is awesome because with sunlight you also get…for free…more vitamin D! Did you know that it only takes 10 minutes outside with 25% of your body uncovered to get the necessary required vitamin D? What are you waiting for? Get outside and soak up some sunshine!
- Flowers and Trees are Blooming – This is the ‘stop and smell the roses’ one. Take some time, even if it’s while you’re hurriedly driving from point A to point B, to look out your window. There’s new life out there folks, new flowers, new sprigs, so much beauty! And with all that new growth we are also blessed with an abundance of fresh fruit and veggies that come into season. What a great time to enjoy more plants in your diet!
- Exercise Outside – If you’re able to exercise, taking your work-out outside is another awesome feature of Spring. The weather is not too hot or too cold, the bugs aren’t out in full force yet, and I don’t know about you but when I was able to exercise I’d much rather be getting my steps in at the beach than in a gym. So if you can, get out there and enjoy a nice, long walk for me!
- Great Temps – And lastly, let’s not forget what else moderate temperatures allow us to do. Don’t you just love to be able to open your windows?! How lovely is it to enjoy a nice gentle Spring breeze while listening to the happy, chirping birds? It’s a privilege not always afforded, so if you’re able, take a moment to soak it all in.
Hoping this list will help you feel a bit of goodness in your day. Life can be hectic, to say the least, but sometimes it’s important to take a moment, take a deep breath, and see the beauty that’s around you. Even if it means going online and looking up blooming flowers, whatever suits your fancy.
Thank you for stopping by today! I realize this post was a little different than most, but somedays I need to focus on the good around me. My health has been … well, let’s call it more unpleasant than my baseline so writing this post helped me to escape that for a bit. Hoping this season brings you good health and lots and lots of smiles. Oh, and just to clarify… Spring is not my favorite season, that would be Summer, Spring is second. I know, I know, everyone loves Autumn, everyone except me. 😊 A few more of my doodles below. 🌸