My apologies in advance for the 37 million different fonts. I tried to fix it, I couldn’t, I’m admitting defeat. You have been warned.
What a lovely surprise to be nominated for the Mystery Blogger Award! I would like to thank Dandelion B’s Diary of Me for nominating me! When you have a moment, check out her blog. Her page is filled with lots of great posts on wide variety of topics, including: crafting, upcycling, thrifting, cooking, and the realities of living life with several chronic illnesses.
WHAT IS MYSTERY BLOGGER AWARD?
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion. – Okoto Enigma
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
THREE THINGS ABOUT ME:
1. I love and terribly miss walking on the beach, barefoot. I live near the beach and love to ride down the coastline, but sometimes it just plain makes me sad. I miss actually walking on the warm sand, feeling my toes in the sand, the sun on my cheeks, and the wind in my hair.
2. I love the sound and smell of the rain. It’s a precious and rare occurrence here in Southern CA.
3. I love when people treat one another with respect and kindness. My mother used to tell me we are all somebodies baby. That taught me to look at people as a whole, not just the person before me, but take into consideration their whole life, before passing judgement.
NOMINATIONS AND NOMINEE QUESTIONS:
In an effort to still get this out the door today but not use any excess energy I’m going to skip this part. My apologies!! I will ask one “weird or funny question” here and if you feel like it, answer in the comments. 😊 Let’s see…. Which Disney movie character do you most closely identify with? I’ll tell you mine if you tell me yours. 😄
QUESTIONS ASKED OF ME:
1. Do you have any pets?
Two kitties, Lily and Rusty.
2. If you craft/create, what is your favorite type, Baking and Cooking count!
Currently I’m enjoying watercolors. Several years ago, I figured out a way to watercolor in bed. My watercolors are very small (a few inches). Before that I was learning to crochet via step-by-step videos, which I loved, but it’s hard to get supplies when you’re housebound, and I got a frozen shoulder, so that was the end of that.
3. Do you blog via Laptop, Desktop, or Phone/Tablet
Laptop and phone, depending on the day. Usually post on laptop (health permitting), but sometimes I’m too ill to sit up so those days I post from my phone while lying flat in bed. I know, it’s the glamorous life over here. 😉
4. Do you have Netflix? Or Prime Video? If so what are you currently binge watching?
Yes, both. Not binging anything but I am re-watching Heartland (one of my all-time favorite shows). I sometimes like to turn on the Walton’s or Little House on the Prairie during the day for background company. Noticing a theme there? I’m a country girl at heart.
5. My silly question is name 3 “odd” foods you enjoy.
Hmmm… I’m not a foodie and am pretty picky so this is a tough one. 1. I used to love to put Fritos on my tuna sandwiches. 2. I like my popcorn a little bit burnt…before you think gross (!), I’ve read the craving is linked to anemia so that’s my excuse. 😊 3. I also like my marshmallows a little overly toasty, so yes, a little burnt too. No excuses there, but gosh I love toasted marshmallows. 😊
LINK TO MY BEST POST:
I don’t really have a favorite post, but according to you guys n gals it’s this one. It’s been shared hundreds of times and I’m not sure why it keeps getting views as it’s over a year old but it’s floating around out there somewhere. Hopefully it’s helping people because that was my intention.
And I think that about wraps it up! Thank you again to Dandelion B’s Diary of Me for the nomination! I really appreciate it and my apologies for skipping a couple steps.
A few more of my little doodles below. The prompts this month on World Watercolor Group are all related to ‘Fun in the Sun’, so it’s been enjoyable to follow along with everyone’s work. You’ll see three seahorses posted because I thought it’d be fun to show you my painting progression, although truthfully I like the middle one the best. 😊 Hoping today is as best as it can be for you.🌼